Game B is an approach to thinking up a sustainable, win-win alternative style of civilization instead of the unsustainable, win-lose model we have now (which we call Game A).
As any group, Game B members have started using specific vocabulary and set of thought patterns to consider and discuss these concepts, which can be somewhat overwhelming and disorienting at first. It is the purpose of this page to make things easier in the beginning.
At the same time: one of the core values in Game B thinking is decentralized thinking; therefore, there is no singular person, group, or entity who possesses The Official Truth as in a hierarchical model. That also means that trying to find universal codes everybody should adhere to is not something to be found here. The only thing we can do is provide questions and hints to experiences which you will answer and interpret by yourself.
This page is not something that has to be read in full. The goal of this page is to provide basic understandings and then introductions to the different rabbit holes Game B members are going down. Choose what interests you.
- 1 Core Propositions
- 2 Key Concepts
- 3 More In Depth Articles
- 4 The Big Goals
- 5 A Possible Timeline
- 6 What Now?
- “Game A” is the Western Civilization status quo. It is believed that Game A is headed for self-destruction.
- Game B is not Game A. Game B is conceived of as “What Comes Next”, the social operating system that replaces Game A. Therefore, there are many groups working currently or over the past decades on Game-B versions or parts.
- Game B needs to operate in all parts of civilization: a new mode of social, economic, and political organization is necessary.
- Game B Core Design Elements: 1) self-organizing 2) network-oriented, 3) decentralized, and 4) meta-stable for an extended period of time.
- Omni-Win thinking can outcompete exploitative, adversarial systems with willful, voluntary participation. All people can always be incentivized towards that action, which is at the same time good for them, good for the people around them and good for society as a whole.
- Path to Game B: is emergent. Trial and error in independent groups that then share experiences are key. As a collective, each of us discern with your full self what the best “next action” and what is the “adjacent possible”, and move in that direction.
- Game B should aim to maximize human potential and flourishing — what Maslow called “self-actualization”. Game B emerges at the time when the struggle for survival can be overcome and is the implementation of that possibility. Life in a Game B civilization is about self-expression, leaving no outside barrier to friendship, fellowship, and love.
At the bottom of every foundation are what we call Generator Functions. These are what we have to change.
Game B's core advantage to outpace Game A is Collective Intelligence.
With it's benefits we try to:
- design an incentive structure that leads to Omni-Win decisions.
- banish Externalities making all factors going into the decision and affected by the decision part of the decision making process.
- overcome our reliance on Complicated Systems to Manage Complex Systems.
- create a working Sense-Making apparatus.
- use Coherence and Emergence to our advantage.
More In Depth Articles
Once more, there is no set definition of Game B. All of this is a work in progress and has to develop over time. However, PhilC has formatted James Allen's original Google Doc on how to understand Game A vs Game B and made it available here. It is very in-depth so, if you want more general information about Game B and it's background before getting really active in a specific field, here it goes:
How basic properties of the ecosystem earth are at odds with core assumptions in Game A, necessitating Game B. Evolutionary Background of Game B
Game A is almost everything that humans have been doing to design their world, especially in the last 10,000 years, to coordinate beyond the Dunbar number.
Game B is a memetic tag that aggregates a myriad of visions, projects, and experiments that model potential future civilizational forms. The flag on the hill for Game~B is an anti-fragile, scalable, increasingly omni-win-win civilization. This is distinct from our current rivalrous Game A civilization that is replete with destructive externalities and power asymmetries that produce existential risk. However, Game~B is not a prescriptive ideology (or an ideology at all): while the eyes of Game~B players may be fixed on the same flag, the hills are multitudes. The flag sits atop each, and no player individually is equipped to map a route in advance.
Rather, Game~B players gather together to feel their way up each hill with their toes, sensing for the loamy untrodden ground beneath them, slowly inching forward, listening for signals from one another, adjusting at each step to orient themselves toward the flag that is barely visible. Like an actual game, Game~B describes a modus operandi as much as it does a goal, although for now, the former can be brought into sharper focus.
The Big Goals
If you are here, you probably think that a lot of things are going quite wrong in the way are basic cultural code is adapted to the current environment. We have an economic system based on extraction and growth, when we are at the limits of what the earth can give in physical resources. We have a societal fetish for outcompeting each other in a winner-takes-it-all system, even though we are able to produce enough to give a basic living standard to everybody now. These are some of the bigger problems we are working on:
Solving the Meaning Crisis
As society turns its back on the historically established religions, people are still looking for a purpose in life, something bigger than themselves. Without any guides on how to find this people either give up in nihilism, repress any thought about it, or from themselves into the arms of New Age spirituality.
- John Vervaeke, a cognitive scientist at the university of Toronto, has put in amazing work in an effort to start working on a Religion that is not a Religion as a solution to this problem. For beginners, just listen to the first lecture. If you are interested, do more!
- First Lecture: https://yewtu.be/watch?v=54l8_ewcOlY
- Playlist of the 50 Lecture Course: https://yewtu.be/playlist?list=PLND1JCRq8Vuh3f0P5qjrSdb5eC1ZfZwWJ
- Charles Eisenstein has started work on re-building grand narratives and myths for our society to give people bearing in their place in life.
- Website: 
- Podcast Episodes with him on Future Thinkers, Rebel Wisdom or his own.
Solving the Sense-Making Crisis
How do we manage to create an institution that can help us make sense of the world as objectively or intersubjectively balanced as possible. Most mainstream media outlets, the bloggosphere, government press releases are all skewed to bringing a one sided story that favors them and usually antagonizes their opponents. In fact, they are incentivized to disinform their competitors and spread fake news in order to pull ahead.
- Analysis of the Problem has been beautifully done by Daniel Schmachtenberger. In general somebody to familiarize yourself with.
- War on Sensemaking episodes by Rebel Wisdom with Daniel Schmachtenberger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LqaotiGWjQ
- Daniel's Website civilizationemerging.com
- Collective Intelligence and Rule Omega are two more key words in this domain.
Solving the Ecological Crisis
The fact that human caused global warming is speeding up climate change, increasing the frequency of natural disasters is one of the most mainstream accepted problems dealt with here. Ever growing desertification is also decreasing arable land every year. The biggest movement against this trend is permaculture. (Can somebody who knows more about how this is dealt with in the Game B space add some links here?)
Solving the Loneliness Crisis
Life in our current cities has made life more isolated, where neighbors barely talk to each other, and most people around you are treated simply as service-providers. Humans, however, are way better off living in communities in the ranges of the Dunbar number, 150-200 people tribes. Building more integrated and social communities is at the heart of Game B.
- Jordan Hall has started one of the most integrated and advanced projects around this called Civium
- Youtube Series on his project ideas: | Civium Project Watch the first video and decide if you want more.
Solving the Surveillance Crisis
Decentralized organization principles are at the core of Game B thinking. This is seen in politics through fractal design as mentioned by Jordan Hall in his Civium Project (links above) and largely in the tech space with the FOSS (free and open source) movement. Finding a way to both use big data and machine learning to better understand meta-relationships while not creating an authoritarian group that controls everybody through their data-mining is the balance to hold here.
- Digital Privacy is of key concern: open-source and end-to-end encryption are the key words.
- Decentralized computing with users actually owning their data and no point where one attacker can get access to all information: Peer-to-Peer
- Art Brock and his team at Holo Chain has one of the most advanced projects in this space. | Episode with Art Brock on the Jim Rutt Show
Solving the Economic Crisis
That our current form of capitalism is self-terminating is quite obvious. A system based on extraction to create value can only work infinitely with infinite resources.
Solving the Education Crisis
Zac Stein Jim Rutt Show, Education between Worlds
A Possible Timeline
One of the secret, not so secret plans for world domination, shared regularly in the community:
- Pre-Game B (PreB) — today — when no actual group of people is living a whole Game B life.
- Proto-Game B (Proto B) — when a coherent group of people are attempting to live a Game B life that can be thought of as “whole” if not yet “complete”. Game B Communities, starting these in a trial and error type fashion might be one of our most urgent tasks.
- Overcoming Game A - more and more people from Game A join Game B Communities due to the high standard of living they offer. This happens without war or other oppressive expansion. The hope is that proto-B communities are left alone because they share useful knowledge with surrounding potentially violent entities, making them dependent.
- Early Game B (Early B**) - a future state where there is a civilization level minimum critical mass of people — perhaps a few million — that are no longer under the sovereign authority of any Game A entity and are composed of scaled-up versions of one or more Proto Bs.
- Game B — where a major civilization has been established — at least hundreds of millions of people that is its own sovereignty(s) (if such things still exist) or not subject to any other sovereignty and is analogous in its scale and completeness to Western Civilization.
There are a many principles and ways that help individuals to prepare themselves for entering Game B. Jordan Hall has provided a number of strategies.
There are different databases to either share your own projects to get helpers or find a project to help with yourself. One of them is right here on the Wiki itself: Projects
Talking to People: Communities
Once you feel brave enough you can join us in many different places and talk with other members of the community. No questions are too beginner level!
The biggest amount of activity is in the Facebook Group. Most people agree however that we should move away from there in the mid-term, because it is full with Game A Malware. Here is the link if you want to join there anyways: [https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447251258838263/| Game B Facebook Group]. Just know that basically everything there immediately gets lost.
There is also a Discord Server which is mildly active Here is the server invite: Discord Server Invite
A very active server is the one started through the Awakening from the Meaning Crisis YouTube series. There you will often find people online: https://discord.com/invite/bEpaFJj
The Portal podcast's un-official discord server. Also very active: https://discord.com/invite/TufQyCy
The Coffee House server is a trying to be a hub between all the different adjacent communities working on this big project. Also very active: https://discord.gg/2BksxYd